Thursday, April 20, 2006

Mor on Love

I wrote this to some pretty redhead girl on myspace. I never got a reply, I'm not that crazy, still I guess random people sending you stuff seems to be a feature of the internet, and I admit I never know what to do when people message me.

Hi, it's so weird when little acts of serendipity affect your day. I have been looking at all these angles of love, like from a chemical perspective, it's just that, people are like drugs, you become addicted and then, that's it. Your craving for someone, is just the craving for a chemical that you get when around that person. So does that person create the chemical? Is that love? Then you think about how we as humans are so ruled by emotion, but it seems so rare that someone will actually lets go. To give up yourself to someone leaves you so vulnerable. Then I have been studying neoplatonism, which states that love should be rational, harmonic and opposite to this is the irrational, which love hates, yet who ever heard of rational love? Isn't falling in love all about making an arse of yourself? Love is blind, and mad. It is power, control, submission, beauty, aesthetic, intellect, sensitivity and equality. I don't know if I have ever been in love.
I don't know you, I just was bored and liked the look of your picture. Sometimes it's easier to write down the things that are in your head. I guess I wanted to write and say I liked your blog on Romance, but then all this other stuff came out.
So please excuse me

2 comments:

Gorilla Bananas said...

Shared hardship creates love. That's why poor humans find it much easier to love than rich ones.

Face said...

'The beloved is only a stimulous for all the stored up love in the lover' -Carson McCullers 'The Ballad of the Sad Cafe'.
In other words, what you love is your perception of that person, not the actual person. It is really your own imagination that you are loving.